Govt, opposition meet to brainstorm over caretaker setup
The meeting is being held at PM Office in Islamabad. The incumbent government is to end its five-year term by the end of the next month and then a caretaker government will take control of the government and will hold general elections in the country.
According to the Constitution, the outgoing prime minister with the consultation of the opposition selects the name of the caretaker PM.
The two leaders present three nominees each and a single name is chosen with consensus.
On Monday, Shah said “No such name has been finalised from the opposition side and I will have a meeting with the PM on April 11 to discuss the matter. Names will come after a [PPP] party meeting”.
“We’re trying to bring in good people and an able caretaker PM. The upcoming elections will depend heavily on caretaker PM,” he added.
- No coronavirus case in Pakistan; screening continues at airports12:24 AM | 20 Feb, 2020
- Rothschild suit revives family's Vienna past10:22 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- 3 youth martyred in Pulwama as India launches another anti-Kashmir ...10:08 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Kashmir issue no more a bilateral but international human rights ...09:55 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- WWF-Pakistan stresses innovative technologies for wastewater ...06:53 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- Harry Styles reportedly mugged at knifepoint on Valentine's Day01:42 PM | 19 Feb, 2020
- UN chief meets Mahira Khan, thanks her for ‘extraordinary support’02:59 PM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Justin Bieber admits to being 'reckless' with Selena when they dated11:17 AM | 18 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019