Govt, opposition meet to brainstorm over caretaker setup
The meeting is being held at PM Office in Islamabad. The incumbent government is to end its five-year term by the end of the next month and then a caretaker government will take control of the government and will hold general elections in the country.
According to the Constitution, the outgoing prime minister with the consultation of the opposition selects the name of the caretaker PM.
The two leaders present three nominees each and a single name is chosen with consensus.
On Monday, Shah said “No such name has been finalised from the opposition side and I will have a meeting with the PM on April 11 to discuss the matter. Names will come after a [PPP] party meeting”.
“We’re trying to bring in good people and an able caretaker PM. The upcoming elections will depend heavily on caretaker PM,” he added.
- Special immigration counter opened for Chinese nationals at Islamabad ...11:36 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Afghan protesters storm Pakistan High Commission in London10:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- IT ministry makes use of indigenous messaging app mandatory for govt ...10:08 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s fastest train makes debut in China09:24 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- DG ISI arrives in Beijing for strategic talks with Chinese officials08:47 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Shilpa Shetty breaks silence after husband’s arrest in pornography ...03:49 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Iqra Aziz and Yasir Hussain welcome first baby03:16 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani stars demand #JusticeForNoor02:42 PM | 23 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021