Govt, opposition meet to brainstorm over caretaker setup
The meeting is being held at PM Office in Islamabad. The incumbent government is to end its five-year term by the end of the next month and then a caretaker government will take control of the government and will hold general elections in the country.
According to the Constitution, the outgoing prime minister with the consultation of the opposition selects the name of the caretaker PM.
The two leaders present three nominees each and a single name is chosen with consensus.
On Monday, Shah said “No such name has been finalised from the opposition side and I will have a meeting with the PM on April 11 to discuss the matter. Names will come after a [PPP] party meeting”.
“We’re trying to bring in good people and an able caretaker PM. The upcoming elections will depend heavily on caretaker PM,” he added.
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- US imposes new sanctions on Iran’s Defense Ministry09:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani documentary selected as finalist for Resistance ...09:13 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- TECNO’s launches Hero Phone Spark 6 in Pakistan08:24 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020