PM Imran to inaugurate much-awaited Peshawar BRT on August 13
PESHAWAR - Prime Minister Imran Khan will inaugurate the much-awaited Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) project on August 13, 2020.
According to reports, Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Mehmmod Khan will also accompany the premier to launch the Peshawar BRT project, which has faced several delays.
Reportedly, cost of the project started in October 2017 was evaluated at Rs49 billion with a timeline of 6 months, however, the cost has escalated to over Rs70 billion.
Earlier, the Peshawar High Court (PHC) has also ordered the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to conduct investigation of the project but the provincial government challenged the verdict in Supreme Court (SC) of Pakistan.
It is pertinent to be mentioned here that the BRT project was launched by Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) government during its previous term in the KP province.
- Zimbabwe to visit Pakistan next month for T20, ODI matches06:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 81 students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab06:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Mahira Khan looks flawless in latest pictures03:23 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020