Public may get big relief as PM chairs key cabinet meeting today
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan will chair an important meeting of his cabinet today (Tuesday) amid expected decisions of providing relief to inflation-hit public.
Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Information and Broadcasting Dr Firdous Ashiq said that the government will introduce a comprehensive inflation control mechanism to facilitate people during Cabinet's meeting.
The premier on Sunday announced that the government would come up with various measures to reduce the prices of basic food items in the upcoming federal cabinet meeting scheduled on Tuesday.
“I understand the difficulties ordinary people including salaried class are confronting and have decided, come what may, my government will be announcing various measures that will be taken to reduce prices of basic food items for the common man in Cabinet on Tuesday,” the prime minister tweeted.
He said at the same time all the relevant government agencies had launched an
in-depth probe into the flour and sugar price hikes.
“The nation should rest assured that all those responsible will be held accountable and penalized,” the prime minister remarked.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020