Ex-VC Mujahid Kamran in NAB custody over irregularities in Punjab University
Kamran appeared before the NAB Lahore office to record his statement on Thursday, where he was taken into custody by the anti-graft body.
The former vice-chancellor is alleged to have approved a number of illegal appointments at the varsity.
The 67-year-old is also accused of being responsible for the appointment of his wife Shazia Qureshi as the principal of Punjab University Law College in violation of university rules.
Syed Mujahid Kamran was the longest serving vice-chancellor of the Punjab University (Jan 2008-Dec 2016), where he taught physics since 1972.
- China, Russia and Iran launch joint drills in Indian Ocean10:22 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan and India meet again as ICC announces fixtures for T20 World ...09:44 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s daily Covid cases pass 7000-mark for first time09:22 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:54 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 21 January 202208:32 AM | 21 Jan, 2022
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021