Ex-VC Mujahid Kamran in NAB custody over irregularities in Punjab University
Kamran appeared before the NAB Lahore office to record his statement on Thursday, where he was taken into custody by the anti-graft body.
The former vice-chancellor is alleged to have approved a number of illegal appointments at the varsity.
The 67-year-old is also accused of being responsible for the appointment of his wife Shazia Qureshi as the principal of Punjab University Law College in violation of university rules.
Syed Mujahid Kamran was the longest serving vice-chancellor of the Punjab University (Jan 2008-Dec 2016), where he taught physics since 1972.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021