Housing project to generate six million jobs: PM Imran
The premier took to Twitter a day after launching the programme at a ceremony in Islamabad and said, “We have launched our most ambitious, landmark housing policy of building five million homes in five years.”
We have launched our most ambitious, landmark housing policy of building 5mn homes in 5 yrs. InshaAllah this will provide affordable houses for our less privileged strata of society, plus 6mn jobs, create demand in 40 industries directly involved in house building & attract FDI.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) October 11, 2018
The incumbent premier expressed that the project would also attract foreign direct investment (FDI).
Addressing the launching ceremony, the Prime Minister announced that the government would provide the land, facilitate and remove bottlenecks and work under a public-private partnership to construct housing units with all basic amenities.
“We want to build houses for those who ordinarily do not even dream of owning a house, as they fall in low-income group and barely manage to find a shelter,” Imran Khan said.
How to apply for home under PM Imran's 'Naya ... 11:15 AM | 11 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - A registration process for the newly launched Prime Minister Imran Khan's “Naya Pakistan Housing ...
He said the data of federal or provincial lands was being collected and registered by a land bank so that the government could provide land for the housing programme to be undertaken by the private sector.
Initially, the pilot project will be launched in seven cities which include Faisalabad, Sukkur, Quetta, Swat, Islamabad, Gilgit and Muzaffarabad.
The premier had said he will take ownership of the initiative in order to ensure smooth implementation and to remove any administrative bottlenecks.
On Thursday, the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) issued registration forms for PM Imran's “Naya Pakistan Housing Programme”.
Housing project will revive industries: Analysts
Economist Mirza Ikhtiyar Baig on Thursday said Naya Pakistan housing Program is an appreciable step of the present government, housing project will revive industries and will facilitate the poor people of Pakistan to materialize the dream of their own shelter.
Talking in a Radio Programme, he said construction of houses for poor people, revival of industry and creating job opportunities is PTI’s manifesto, adding, housing project is a mega project and many sectors are associated with this project.
"We should give time to the new government to come out of economic crises as the incumbent government is fully committed to take concrete steps to cope with current economic crises", he said.
Economist Humayun Iqbal Shami said, the housing project would not only provide shelter to the poor but will also help in revival of the industry which is directly connected with the construction of houses.
The success of any project depends on the transparency of the project, said, adding, it is imperative to monitor the project carefully to ensure transparency.
President, Pakistan Economy Watch Dr. Murtaza Mughal also said more than 40% of people in Pakistan are living below the poverty line and are deprived of basic necessities of life including shelter.
This is a great initiative of the government to provide shelter to the people who cannot afford it, he added.
The housing project will not only help in materializing their dreams but also help in reviving the industry to retrieve the economy, she concluded.
- Saudi Arabia opens first drive-in cinema in Riyadh10:29 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Russian-Pakistani invents ‘Covid cure’ – Who is this scientist ...09:40 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot in private and ...09:23 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021