Sania Mirza replies to claims of her being 'non-Indian' after she spoke about Indian rape victim
Her tweets not only addressed the ongoing rape crisis the country faced;
Is this really the kind of country we we want to be known as to the world today ?? If we can’t stand up now for this 8 year old girl regardless of our gender,caste,colour or religion then we don’t stand for anything in this world.. not even humanity.. makes me sick to the stomach pic.twitter.com/BDcNuJvsoO— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 12, 2018
But also hoped that justice would be provided to the deceased girl;
However, it wasn't long till a certain social media coordinator for the BJP and nationalist, Kichu Kannan Namo tweeted this gem of a reply;
With all respect madam which country are you talking abt.Last time I checked u had married into Pakistan. You no longer are a Indian. And if u must tweet thn also tweet for the innocents killed by Pak terror outfits..— Kichu കിച്ചു 🇮🇳🇮🇱🇦🇪 משהו كيتشو (@Kichu_Chirps) April 12, 2018
And Sania Mirza had a befitting response!
First of all nobody marries ‘into’ anywhere .. you marry a person! Secondly NO LOW LIFE like you will tell me which country I belong to.. I play for India,I am Indian and always will be.. nd maybe if u look beyond religion and country one day you may just also stand for humanity! https://t.co/0rF9SwG7WT— Sania Mirza (@MirzaSania) April 12, 2018
Other celebrities like Farhan Akhtar and Riteish Deshmukh also tweeted regarding the issue;
Imagine what goes through the mind of an 8 yr old as she is drugged, held captive, gang raped over days and then murdered.— Farhan Akhtar (@FarOutAkhtar) April 12, 2018
If you don’t feel her terror, you are not human.
If you don’t demand Asifa get justice, you belong to nothing.
Please do not turn the rape and murder of an 8 year old into a political circus. The religion/politics of the accused or the girl should not be relevant! The only truth is that she is the victim, they are the criminals and there is no excuse for what they have done! #kathua— Sophie C (@Sophie_Choudry) April 12, 2018
A 8 year old is drugged, raped & murdered and another one is fighting for justice for herself and the death of her father in custody.— Riteish Deshmukh (@Riteishd) April 12, 2018
We have a choice either raise your voice or be a silent spectator.
‘Stand up for what is right even if you are standing alone.’#Kathua #Unnao
- ‘Tragic Mistake’ – US acknowledges Kabul drone strike ...09:58 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:34 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan reports lowest number of daily COVID cases in two months as ...09:08 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 18 September 202108:42 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Taliban replace Afghanistan women's ministry with vice department12:43 AM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021