COVID-19: PIA decides to send its employees on 10-day paid leave
LAHORE - The Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) on Sunday decided to send its employees on rotation-based paid leaves from April 14, said a notification issued by the airline HR department.
Employees will be sent on 10-day paid leave so that the entire workforce avails their leaves without exception each month, it added.
The decision was taken to “curtail unnecessary cost due to non-utilization of manpower and to curb the associated overhead costs”.
Domestic and international flight operations have been suspended in the country until April 21.
On April 2, Aviation Division spokesperson Abdul Sattar Khokhar had said that diplomatic, special and cargo flights would be exempted from the order.
COVID-19 pandemic claimed over 81 lives and infected more than 51,000 people in Pakistan so far.
- One boy died, another badly hurt due to dogs biting02:25 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020