ISPR releases 18 months details of operation Zarb-e-Azb
In a press release issued on Saturday, he said that last pockets close to Pak-Afghan border were being cleared. “Terrorists’ backbone broken and their main infrastructure dismantled and nexus with sleeper cells largely disrupted. Intelligence based operations (IBOs) are continuing to destroy remaining sleeper cells.”
The DG ISPR said that 3,400 terrorists had been killed, while 837 hideouts from where they were carrying out their terrorists activities destroyed, 92hdnews reported.
“During last 18 months, over 13,200 IBOs have been carried out across the country in which 183 hardcore terrorists killed, while 21,193 people arrested,” he disclosed. “Success has come after a heavy price. 488 valiant officers and men of Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps KPK, Balochistan and Rangers Sindh sacrificed their lives and 1,914 injured in Operation Zarb-e-Azb.”
DG ISPR Asim Bajwa said that 142 cases had been referred to total 11 military courts. “Fifty-five cases have been decided, while 87 cases are in process. As many as 31 hardcore terrorists have been convicted,” he maintained.
He said that support of the nation for its valiant armed forces and resolve expressed against terrorism after the December 16 Army Public School Peshawar attack had been bedrock of Operation Zarb-e-Azb.
“Overall improvement in law and order owed to Operation Zarb-e-Azb. Festivities and national events have been celebrated, while stability is being achieved in Karachi,” he said.
- T20 World Cup: Netherlands win the toss, choose to bat first against ...02:31 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Zahir Jaffer’s mother gets bail in Noor Mukadam murder case01:42 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan’s Daniyal Mehsood breaks India's world record12:52 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Dollar hits historic high at Rs173 in interbank market12:23 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Pakistan to face West Indies in warm-up match today11:49 AM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Watch: Trailer of ‘The Batman’ is out now07:42 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new dance video goes viral05:43 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Aryan Khan vows to make NCB proud after getting out of jail05:27 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021