ISPR releases 18 months details of operation Zarb-e-Azb
In a press release issued on Saturday, he said that last pockets close to Pak-Afghan border were being cleared. “Terrorists’ backbone broken and their main infrastructure dismantled and nexus with sleeper cells largely disrupted. Intelligence based operations (IBOs) are continuing to destroy remaining sleeper cells.”
The DG ISPR said that 3,400 terrorists had been killed, while 837 hideouts from where they were carrying out their terrorists activities destroyed, 92hdnews reported.
“During last 18 months, over 13,200 IBOs have been carried out across the country in which 183 hardcore terrorists killed, while 21,193 people arrested,” he disclosed. “Success has come after a heavy price. 488 valiant officers and men of Pakistan Army, Frontier Corps KPK, Balochistan and Rangers Sindh sacrificed their lives and 1,914 injured in Operation Zarb-e-Azb.”
DG ISPR Asim Bajwa said that 142 cases had been referred to total 11 military courts. “Fifty-five cases have been decided, while 87 cases are in process. As many as 31 hardcore terrorists have been convicted,” he maintained.
He said that support of the nation for its valiant armed forces and resolve expressed against terrorism after the December 16 Army Public School Peshawar attack had been bedrock of Operation Zarb-e-Azb.
“Overall improvement in law and order owed to Operation Zarb-e-Azb. Festivities and national events have been celebrated, while stability is being achieved in Karachi,” he said.
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- FO reacts to US State Secretary Blinken’s remarks about ...08:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PAKvNZ – Trophy unveiled ahead of first Pakistan-New Zealand ODI ...08:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021