Things Saudi women can/can’t do
Here is a list of things women can or cannot under Saudi policies and practices:
Saudi Arabia is the only country in the world banning women from getting behind the wheel.
Women in Saudi Arabia cannot travel without the consent of a male family member known as a guardian.
Women in the conservative kingdom cannot marry without the consent of a guardian.
Women cannot work without the consent of a guardian in Saudi Arabia.
Women in the Saudi Arabia cannot appear in public without covering herself in a black abaya robe from head to toe.
Divorce is not as easy as a man for women in Saudi Arabia.
However, Saudi women can:
Vote in municipal elections, the kingdom's only polls for public officials.
Sit on the Shura Council, an appointed body which advises cabinet.
Executive Job: Hold the most senior corporate executive posts.
Work in government administration and an expanding number of private sector areas, including as lawyers
Be forced to marry at a young age, as there is no legally defined minimum age.
- PPP leader Wajid Shamsul Hasan passes away01:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- and they lived, HAPPILY EVER AFTER!01:11 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan urges world to unfreeze Afghanistan’s assets01:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- NCOC decides to start vaccinating children aged 12 years and above12:42 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra sparks memes after her Paris video goes viral06:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021