3 PML-N MPAs loyal to Pir Sialvi send resignations to Punjab Assembly secretariat
According to local media, the secretariat has received the resignations sent by Maulana Rehmatullah from Chinot, Ghulam Nizamuddin Sialvi from Sarghodha and Muhammad Khan Baloch over government inaction against their demand for resignation of Punjab law minister Rana Sanaullah.
On December 10, five lawmakers, including three MPAs and two MNAs, submitted their resignations to Pir Sialvi dealing a big blow to the embattled government.
The resignations had been announced during Khatm-e-Nabuwwat (finality of the Prophethood) conference at Dhobi Ghat ground in Faisalabad.
The legislators who tendered their resignations include: Sheikh Muhammad Akram from Jhang (Member National Assembly), Maulana Rehmatullah from Chinot (Member National Assembly), Ghulam Bibi Bharwana from Jhang (Member Provincial Assembly), Ghulam Nizamuddin Sialvi from Sarghodha (Member Provincial Assembly), and Muhammad Khan Baloch (Member Provincial Assembly).
Muhammad Ali Tiwana, PML-N’s Youth Wing Punjab; Malik Saddam Hussain, Member District Council Sargodha; and Deewan Ahmad Masood Chishti, PML-N’s Ulema Mushaikh Wing Chairman have also stepped down from their positions.
Pir Sialvi, who is also a former senator, earlier claimed at least 15 parliamentarians “spiritually associated” with the Sial Sharif shrine would tender their resignations at the public meeting in Faisalabad.
The conference attended by caretakers of various eminent shrines across the country, pledging support to Pir of Sial Sharif and his campaign against the culprits of Model Town tragedy.
The estranged lawmakers demand the immediate resignation of Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah.
The PML-N government has been facing pressure from opposition parties calling for the immediate resignation of the provincial minister for his remarks regarding the status of Ahmadis in the country in a TV show, which he said, had been “distorted and twisted by some rivals to take political advantage”.
Earlier this week, the Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif had assured the Pir that he would visit him shortly and clarify the position and remarks of Rana Sanaullah.
- Pakistan to send aid to Palestine facing medical emergency amid ...07:07 PM | 18 May, 2021
- UAE ready to host remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu Dhabi06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes first Pakistani woman Google Developers Expert ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021