Rain stops second day of 1st Test match with Sri Lanka at 222 against Pakistan
RAWALPINDI – The second day of 1st test match between Pakistan and Sri Lanka has been stopped due to rain today (Wednesday)
Sri Lanka resumed their first innings with 202 for five today and made 222 runs.
On the first day of Rawalpindi test against Pakistan , Sri Lankan batsman De Silva with 38 and Dickwella with 11 was at the crease when stumps were drawn for the day.
Pakistan Bowler Naseem Shah got two wickets while Muhammad Abbas, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Usman Shinwari bagged one wicket each.
Sri Lankan team's visit to Pakistan has put an end to the decade-long drought of Test cricket in the country.
The Pindi Stadium saw fans chanting slogans of Pakistan Zindabad and Thank You Sri Lanka.
The Pindi Stadium is hosting a Test match after a gap of 15 years. The last Test was played between Pakistan and India in April 2004.
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan squad for ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 announced06:56 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019