ADB lauds Govt's steps for steering the country out of difficult economic condition towards stability
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan said that the government has focused its energies on the uplift of poor segments of the population, particularly in the low-cost housing sector.
While talking to Director General Central and West Asia of Asian Development Bank (ADB), Werner Liepach, who called on him in Islamabad the premier said that there is immense scope for expansion in the existing technical support in the Ehsas flagship program, low-cost housing and provision of good quality food items to the people through Utility Stores.
He appreciated the ongoing support from the ADB in social protection, agriculture sector, infrastructure development and towards financial efficiency in the country.
The Prime Minister highlighted the efforts of the economic team of Government for putting the country's economy on the path of stabilization.
Werner Liepach lauded the government's steps for steering the country out of difficult economic condition towards stability, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said under the Financial Infrastructure Program, the Bank has contributed significantly towards construction of water resources, particularly the barrages in Pakistan.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021