PM Imran, IMCTC Commander Raheel Sharif discuss regional peace, stability in Islamabad
Sharif, who served as the former army chief of Pakistan, is leading a delegation Saudi-led military coalition on their first-ever two-day visit to the South Asian country. A special aircraft carrying the delegation, headed by its Commander General (r) Raheel Sharif, had arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan air base on Sunday.
Gen (r) Raheel Sharif leads IMCTC delegation on ... 10:30 AM | 11 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD – A delegation of former army chief Gen (r) Raheel Sharif-led Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition ...
Earlier today, the IMCTC commander called on Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi at Foreign Office, where they exchanged views on bilateral issues and discussed matters regarding regional peace and stability.
Gen Raheel Sharif, Military Commander of the Coalition along with a delegation visited #Pakistan Army Headquarters and called upon Gen Qamar Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff to discuss avenues of collaboration and #counterterrorism initiatives. pic.twitter.com/Tjfrrq1GpQ— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 11, 2019
Gen (r) Raheel Sharif also held separate meetings with Pakistan’s top military commanders, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Hayat to strengthen collaboration and discuss IMCTC's actions and initiatives in the fight against terrorism.
Gen Raheel Sharif, Military Commander of the Coalition held talks with Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff of #Pakistan, Gen Zubair Hayat to strengthen collaboration and discuss #IMCTC's actions and initiatives in fight against #terrorism.#counterterrorism pic.twitter.com/IU56toYyew— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 11, 2019
The IMCTC delegation’s visit comes ahead of the arrival of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman in Pakistan on the invitation of the government’s invitation. The crown prince’s planned visit on February 17 is expected to strengthen ties between the two countries as both nations are set to seal a multi-billion dollar oil refinery in Gwadar city.
The 41-nation alliance was announced in December 2015. Pakistan was part of the initial list of 34 countries that had agreed to become part of the coalition. Iran is not a part of the alliance.
- PAKvNZ: Kiwis to tour Pakistan for the first time in 18 years12:30 PM | 5 Aug, 2021
- WATCH: Rangers deployed in Bhong after mob ransacks Hindu temple11:35 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Pakistan Army Chief calls for resolution of Kashmir dispute as per ...11:09 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s resolute support for Kashmiris on ...10:46 AM | 5 Aug, 2021
- Komal Rizvi celebrates 40th birthday with family09:56 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021