PM Imran, IMCTC Commander Raheel Sharif discuss regional peace, stability in Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – The commander of Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition (IMCTC), General (r) Raheel Sharif on Tuesday held a meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the Pakistani capital to share views on regional peace and stability besides discussing matters of mutual interest.
Sharif, who served as the former army chief of Pakistan, is leading a delegation Saudi-led military coalition on their first-ever two-day visit to the South Asian country. A special aircraft carrying the delegation, headed by its Commander General (r) Raheel Sharif, had arrived at Islamabad’s Nur Khan air base on Sunday.
Earlier today, the IMCTC commander called on Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi at Foreign Office, where they exchanged views on bilateral issues and discussed matters regarding regional peace and stability.
Gen Raheel Sharif, Military Commander of the Coalition along with a delegation visited #Pakistan Army Headquarters and called upon Gen Qamar Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff to discuss avenues of collaboration and #counterterrorism initiatives. pic.twitter.com/Tjfrrq1GpQ— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 11, 2019
Gen (r) Raheel Sharif also held separate meetings with Pakistan’s top military commanders, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa and Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Zubair Hayat to strengthen collaboration and discuss IMCTC's actions and initiatives in the fight against terrorism.
Gen Raheel Sharif, Military Commander of the Coalition held talks with Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff of #Pakistan, Gen Zubair Hayat to strengthen collaboration and discuss #IMCTC's actions and initiatives in fight against #terrorism.#counterterrorism pic.twitter.com/IU56toYyew— IMCTC (@imctc_en) February 11, 2019
The IMCTC delegation’s visit comes ahead of the arrival of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman in Pakistan on the invitation of the government’s invitation. The crown prince’s planned visit on February 17 is expected to strengthen ties between the two countries as both nations are set to seal a multi-billion dollar oil refinery in Gwadar city.
The 41-nation alliance was announced in December 2015. Pakistan was part of the initial list of 34 countries that had agreed to become part of the coalition. Iran is not a part of the alliance.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020