Asia Bibi protests: SC orders to compensate affected people within 30 days
The bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, passed these orders while disposing of a suo motu notice in Lahore on Saturday.
Advocate General Punjab Ahmad Owais, in response to a court query, submitted that estimated losses were 262 million rupees in Punjab.
He said the cabinet had approved the estimated amount and now the matter had been forwarded to the chief minister for the release of funds. The chief justice during the hearing said complete plan for payment of compensation had not been issued so far despite the passage of two-and-a-half months.
TLP takes to the streets after SC overturns Asia ... 11:58 AM | 31 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - A fresh wave of protests by Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan has engulfed various cities of the country after the ...
A section officer of home department apprised the bench that payments would be made within the current month.
The bench sought implementation of the report recommendations.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:51 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...09:25 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Saboor Aly teases husband Ali Ansari in a hilarious video07:59 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022