ANP suspends membership of Afrasiab Khattak, Bushra Gohar
According to a notification issued by the ANP, the two senior leaders damaged ANP’s reputation and were involved in activities against the party.
They were also accused of creating discord among workers.
The show-cause notice was issued by ANP central General Secretary Mian Iftikhar Hussain on the directives of party president Asfandyar Wali Khan on Monday.
“Your activities are against the party’s interests, its constitution and discipline that have resulted in a huge loss to the party,” the show-cause notice read. It added that their activities had a negative effects on the workers as it created confusion and led to the misunderstanding that damaged the party’s interests.
The party had asked the two leaders to submit their reply within seven days or face action for violating the party discipline and policy.
In the notice issued, the party leadership acknowledged that they had received a detailed response from Gohar and Khattak, but said that it failed to satisfy them.
“Their responses are not at all satisfactory therefore the party president has suspended their basic membership according to the party constitution,” the party leadership said in the notification.
The notice did not state the exact charges or details of the activities for which the two leaders had been suspended.
Earlier, Mian Iftikhar Hussain had said the specific reasons could not be disclosed to the media as this concerned the party’s internal matters.
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women’s T20I rankings07:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022