Nawaz Sharif turns up before NAB court in Flagship reference
Tight security arrangements were put in place as the leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz appeared before the court in the reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
During the hearing, the statement of one of the witnesses was recorded by the judge Arshad Malick.
During the hearing, Khawaja Haris, the counsel for Nawaz Sharif, argued that the NAB prosecutor and judge were assisting the witness in recording the statement.
In response to this, the judge remarked that he had recorded the statement as per his understanding as the original account by the witness should be put on record.
'I am not complaining against your act,' replied Haris but added that he was putting questions for the witness, however, others were assisting him.
After a brief appearance, Nawaz Sharif was allowed to leave the courtroom while the hearing was adjourned till Tuesday.
As many as three references have been filed against the former premier in line with the directives of the Supreme Court in the Panama Papers case verdict – a decision that ousted Nawaz Sharif from the PM House in July last year.
The elder Sharif was sentenced to ten years in prison by the accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir, in the Avenfield reference. However, the conviction was suspended by a two-member bench of the Islamabad High Court.
Besides Flagship reference, another reference regarding the Al-Azizia steel mills has also been filed by the accountability watchdog against the members of the former ruling family, including Nawaz Sharif.
- Pakistan in top 10 as ICC releases latest Women’s T20I rankings07:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Ex-PM Imran Khan faces arrest after warrants issued06:47 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: Shaun Tait’s hilarious reaction after Pakistan defeat goes ...06:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Army joins hunt for kidnappers of Pakistani businessman in Uganda05:41 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Sabeeka Imam's new bold photos set internet on fire05:17 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'Javed Iqbal: The Untold Story Of A Serial Killer' selected for DC ...04:14 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022