PM Imran summons Punjab CM, governor and speaker following video leak
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan has summoned on Monday Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, provincial governor and Punjab Assembly Speaker Pervaiz Elahi to the capital after 'control Sarwar' video emerged on media last week.
A video of a meeting between top PML-Q leaders and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) senior leader Jehangir Tareen raised questions about the cooperation between the two allied parties in Punjab.
Pervaiz Elahi asks Jahangir Tareen to 'control ... 04:38 PM | 10 Nov, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf's (PTI) coalition partner in Punjab, Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has been ...
In the video, Cheema can be heard speaking to Tareen and saying, "Sir, control Sarwar! He will not let your chief minister continue."
According to local media reports, the premier has called Buzdar, Sarwar and Elahi to Islamabad to “discuss the matter of the video leak”.
The premier will hold one-to-one meetings with the three leaders and try to resolve differences between PML-Q members and Sarwar.
The discussions will also focus on maintaining the balance of power in the Punjab government.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020