PM Imran summons Punjab CM, governor and speaker following video leak
LAHORE - Prime Minister Imran Khan has summoned on Monday Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar, provincial governor and Punjab Assembly Speaker Pervaiz Elahi to the capital after 'control Sarwar' video emerged on media last week.
A video of a meeting between top PML-Q leaders and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) senior leader Jehangir Tareen raised questions about the cooperation between the two allied parties in Punjab.
Pervaiz Elahi asks Jahangir Tareen to 'control ... 04:38 PM | 10 Nov, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf's (PTI) coalition partner in Punjab, Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has been ...
In the video, Cheema can be heard speaking to Tareen and saying, "Sir, control Sarwar! He will not let your chief minister continue."
According to local media reports, the premier has called Buzdar, Sarwar and Elahi to Islamabad to “discuss the matter of the video leak”.
The premier will hold one-to-one meetings with the three leaders and try to resolve differences between PML-Q members and Sarwar.
The discussions will also focus on maintaining the balance of power in the Punjab government.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019