Indian troops kill one more youth as military lockdown continue on 100th consecutive day in IOK
SRINAGAR - Indian troops, in their fresh act of state terrorism, martyred one more youth in Ganderbal district, today (Tuesday), raising the toll to three in less than 48 hours in the occupied territory.
According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the youth was killed by Indian troops during a cordon and search operation in Gund area of the district.
The operation was in progress till the last reports came in.
Earlier, the troops had martyred two youth in Bandipore district, taking the toll to three in the past 48 hours.
Meanwhile, military lockdown and restrictions continue on 100th consecutive day today in the Held-Kashmir valley and Muslim majority areas of Jammu and Ladakh following the August 5 Indian illegal decision to abrogate special status of occupied Kashmir.
The restrictions under Section 144 and ban on prepaid phone, SMS and internet services remain enforced.
As a mark of silent protest, people in the Valley continue to keep their shops closed except for a brief period in the morning and evening and stay away from schools and offices. Public transport is also unavailable.
- Shoaib Khan pays tribute to acid attack survivors with his latest ...11:58 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Taliban claim downing US military aircraft in Afghanistan, Pentagon ...11:17 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Eight die after fire broke out at a factory in Lahore09:48 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan expresses grave concerns over Afghan president's tweets09:09 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Sarwat Gilani, Fahad Mirza run into Karan Johar at the airport01:00 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019