Bill for welfare & protection of journalists to be presented before cabinet next week: Marriyum
She was speaking at the meeting of Senate's Standing Committee on Information and Broadcasting chaired by Senator Kamil Ali Agha on Thursday.
The Minister of State said that the bill envisages the establishment of a welfare fund for the journalists in which government and the media owners will equally contribute.
She said the proposed bill has been prepared in consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
Members of the standing committee appreciated the effort put in by the minister of state for framing of the proposed bill for journalists.
- Google pays tribute to late Pakistani social activist Perween Rahman10:56 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- IWMI to help Punjab prepare water data on Governor's help10:39 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Inside the dreamy reception of TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and ...04:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021