Three Ahmadis handed death sentence for blasphemy
SHEIKHUPURA - A court has sentenced three men to death in district Sheikkupura following charges of committing blasphemy.
The district and sessions court while deciding the case said that he three persons, who belong to the Ahmadi community of Bhoaywal village, had committed blasphemy by showing a poster and banners at their place of worship in an offensive way, Dawn News reported.
The judge also imposed a fine of Rs200,000 each, but on failing to pay the fine, they would be given rigorous punishment for six months.
The case was filed by Riaz Hussain, a shopkeeper, with the Sharqpur police station.
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- FBR freezes Aima Baig’s all bank accounts over unpaid income tax10:40 AM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Sharmila Faruqui comes face to face with Nadia Khan for mocking her ...10:21 PM | 19 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021