Sharif's Jati Umra residence declared sub-jail
LAHORE - The Lahore residence of Sharif family in Jati Umra has been declared sub-jail after former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (r) Safdar were brought to the place on parole following Begum Kulsoom Nawaz’s death on Tuesday.
Strict security arrangements have been made to avoid any untoward situation around the premises of the farmhouse where the former first lady will be buried on Friday.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and Capt (retd) Safdar, who have been convicted in the Avenfield reference, will remain within the boundaries of Jati Umra during their 12-hour release on parole, Dunya News reported.
Kulsoom Nawaz breathed her last at the age of 68 at the Harley Street Clinic, months after battling lymphoma.
Nawaz Sharif, Maryam and Safdar released on ... 02:54 AM | 12 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (r) Muhammad Safdar ...
After her death, Nawaz Sharif, Maryam Nawaz and Captain (r) Safdar were freed on parole from the Adiala Jail on a request forwarded by Pakistan Muslim league Nawaz president, Shehbaz Sharif.
According to Hussain Nawaz, the son of Kulsoom Nawaz, the funeral prayers would be offered on Friday following which Kulsoom Nawaz would be laid to rest at Jati Umrah.
Meanwhile, former chief minister Punjab Shehbaz Sharif headed to London early Wednesday to bring back the body of Kulsoom Nawaz.
Kulsoom’s body is expected to be in Pakistan on Thursday night via PIA’s 758 flight.
Kulsoom Nawaz dies battling cancer in London 03:39 PM | 11 Sep, 2018
LONDON - Kulsoom Nawaz, the wife of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, died at the age of 68 on Tuesday in London, ...
Scores of political leaders including Prime Minister Imran Khan, Pakistan Peoples Party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Chief of the Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa expressed their condolences on the demise of Kulsoom Nawaz.
“She was a courageous woman of great dignity and confronted her disease with fortitude,” Mr Khan said in his message.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Petition filed by woman to halt the finale of Mere Paas Tum Ho11:46 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019