Pakistani soldier martyred as India violates LoC ceasefire
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army soldier embraced martyrdom as Indian border forces violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) on Thursday, according to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
“Indian troops resorted to unprovoked fire in Hajipir Sector. Sepoy Ghulam Rasool, a resident of Bahawalnagar embraced shahadat,” the the military’s media wing said in a statement.
The Foreign Office has summoned Indian officials several times to condemn the unprovoked firing.
On Wednesday, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi warned that the situation in IOK risked sparking an “accidental war”, and urged UN rights chief Michelle Bachelet to visit the troubled region.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019