Pakistani soldier martyred as India violates LoC ceasefire
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army soldier embraced martyrdom as Indian border forces violated ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) on Thursday, according to the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR).
“Indian troops resorted to unprovoked fire in Hajipir Sector. Sepoy Ghulam Rasool, a resident of Bahawalnagar embraced shahadat,” the the military’s media wing said in a statement.
The Foreign Office has summoned Indian officials several times to condemn the unprovoked firing.
On Wednesday, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi warned that the situation in IOK risked sparking an “accidental war”, and urged UN rights chief Michelle Bachelet to visit the troubled region.
- Ufone felicitates KPC’s new leadership08:12 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- 'Anti-state' Facebook posts: Lahore journalist's bail plea rejected07:54 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Trump’s Mideast plan: Pakistan wants Jerusalem as capital of ...07:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019