Third-party mediation only option to resolve Kashmir issue: FM Qureshi
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that third party mediation is the only option to resolve the festering Kashmir dispute.
In an interview with Swiss TV, the minister said that Swiss officials have reportedly included Kashmir issue in the agenda of their expected meeting with Indian leaders, which is a welcoming development.
He urged New Delhi to immediately lift curfew and give right to live to the people of Occupied Kashmir. He said children are unable to go to their schools and patients are deprived of medical facilities there.
Shah Mahmood Qureshi said facts about the real situation in the held valley are not coming out due to communications blackout there. He appreciated the role of international media and international human rights organizations in highlighting the Kashmir issue.
Regarding Afghanistan, he said Pakistan played a proactive role to bring Taliban to dialogue table for maintaining peace and stability in the region.
He said Islamabad believes that military option is no solution to the Afghan issue.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019