US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks with Taliban
ISLAMABAD - U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad met Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi here on Friday and discussed the matters relating to Afghan peace process.
In a meeting that took place here at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Khalilzad updated the Foreign Minister about the recent delegation-level talks between the United States and Afghan Taliban.
Foreign Minister Qureshi said Pakistan always maintained a stance that there was no military solution to the Afghan conflict.
He said regional peace was linked with improved security situation in Afghanistan and assured Ambassador Khalilzad that Pakistan would continue to play its reconciliatory role with sincerity.
Ambassador Khalilzad appreciated Pakistan’s efforts for restoration of peace in Afghanistan.
- Senators express concern over wheat shortage, price hike10:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019