Pakistan, Turkey agree to transform relations into strong, dynamic trade & economic partnership
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi and his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Thursday affirmed that Pakistan and Turkey would continue to extend mutual support on issues of each other’s core national interest.
They also underscored the importance of fully realizing the immense potential of relationship between the two countries and transforming it into a strong and dynamic trade and economic partnership.
President Erdogan, who along with a high-level delegation arrived here on a two-day visit to attend the 6th Session of High Level Strategic Cooperation Council (HLSCC), met President Dr Alvi at the Aiwan-e-Sadr.
President Alvi, extending a warm welcome to President Erdogan, expressed gratification over the level of enhanced and multifaceted engagement between the two countries. The 6th Session of High Level Strategic Cooperation Council would further strengthen and broaden the fraternal relations between Pakistan and Turkey, he added.
Both the leaders underlined the special significance of the historic bilateral relationship between the two countries in diverse areas, including political, economic, cultural, defence and people-to-people contacts.
President Alvi apprised President Erdogan of the worsening human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir and took the opportunity to thank his Turkish counterpart for his principled stand on Kashmir.
The two leaders also exchanged views on regional and international issues.
President Alvi highlighted Pakistan’s efforts for peace and reconciliation in Afghanistan and stressed that the world community should extend its help in Afghanistan’s post-conflict reconstruction.
The two presidents also agreed that Pakistan and Turkey must continue to work closely to counter challenges facing the Ummah, including Islamophobia.
The President and First Lady later hosted a banquet in honour of President and Mrs Erdogan and the entourage accompanying them.
Turkey's Tayyip Erdogan in Pakistan on two-day ... 04:43 PM | 13 Feb, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan today arrived in Islamabad on a two-day visit to ...
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021