Girl dies of alleged torture by teacher
According to Super Intendent Police Ghizer Faisal Zahoor, the parents of the victim, a student of a girls middle school Sherqila in Ghizer district, submitted an application with the women police station Ghahkuch, stating that their child died in hospital of violence by a teacher.
“When the girl was admitted to a private hospital in the area, doctors suggested that she be shifted to Combined Military Hospital in Gilgit for treatment,” said the parents and added that the girl died in the CMH on Monday morning.
SP Zahoor explained that after postmortem the body was handed over to relatives. He said it was yet to be investigated whether the girl died of the alleged torture or due to any another cause, however, a case was registered in the women police station Ghahkuch, the district headquarters of Ghizer.
The police officer said when Ghizer police personnel reached Sherqila to arrest the teacher, the locals attacked the cops with stones. Police arrested the teacher and started the investigation into the case.
- Imran Ghazali appointed as head of information ministry’s digital ...11:46 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Afghan President Ghani phones PM Imran, discusses peace talks, ...09:34 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Three arrested in Faisalabad for displaying weapons on social media ...08:19 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Trump gives 45 days to Microsoft for acquiring TikTok07:21 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020