PM Nasirul Mulk appoints new chief secretaries, IGs ahead of elections
The meeting was headed by caretaker Prime Minister Nasirul Mulk in Islamabad where the cabinet changed the provincial administration after consulting with the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) ahead of the general polls
Akbar Hussain Durrani has been appointed as chief secretary of Punjab, while Azam Suleman Khan will take charge as Sindh chief secretary.
The cabinet has appointed Naveed Kamran Baloch and Akhtar Nazeer as chief secretaries in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan respectively.
Inspector General of Police in all the four provinces has also been changed to ensure free and transparent elections.
Dr. Kaleem Imam has been designated as IG Punjab Police, while Amjad Jave Saleemi will take charge in Sindh. Mohammd Tahir and Mohsin Hasan Butt have been appointed in KP and Balochistan respectively.
The federal cabinet has vowed to take all possible steps for ensuring transparent and free elections in the country.
- 38 years of fame: Green-eyed Afghan girl from famous magazine cover ...12:20 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Supreme Court seeks policy statement from services chiefs on ...11:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Lt Gen Nigar Johar becomes first woman colonel commandant of Pakistan ...11:18 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- US President Biden invites PM Imran to virtual summit on democracy10:56 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Karachi Zoo director removed after rare white lion dies of negligence09:52 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021