Asif Zardari shifted to hospital with chest pain
RAWALPINDI - Former president, Asif Ali Zardari was shifted to Rawalpindi Institute of Cardiology on Thursday after complaints of chest pain.
The co-chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party is in the custody of the National Accountability Bureau, which arrested him a few days ago in the mega money laundering case.
Cardiologist Dr Azhar Kiyani would examine the former president at the hospital; NAB officials detailed that the former president was undergoing through routine medical checkup.
On the other hand, Pakistan Peoples Party stated that the party was not informed about the medical condition of the lawmaker.
The lawmaker was remanded into NAB custody till June 21 after he was produced before an accountability court a few days ago.
NAB arrests Asif Ali Zardari in fake bank ... 03:10 PM | 10 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A team of National Accountability Bureau arrested former president Asif Ali Zardari on Monday, hours after ...
The money laundering probe relates to the opening of over two dozen accounts in private banks through which money was allegedly laundered; Asif Zardari’s friends including Anwar Majeed, Hussain Lawai and others are already behind bars in the case.
A report by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) submitted in the Supreme Court detailed that over Rs100b were laundered through the said bank accounts though some estimates say the amount comes out to be around Rs 35b.
- KSA indicates health standards as primary criteria for Hajj pilgrims03:10 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- LHC extends Shehbaz Sharif's bail in assets beyond means case02:09 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- Usman Mukhtar's short film 'Bench' wins at South Shore Film Festival ...01:32 PM | 7 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020