Pakistani diplomats, families in New Delhi reportedly being harassed
Reportedly, an Indian vehicle intercepted a Pakistani diplomat’s car and a person clicked pictures of the envoy before speeding away in the car.
The diplomat's daughter, according to sources, is still traumatized by the ordeal.
Sources privy to Pakistan High Commission in India, the issue was raised with Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and demanded the government to keep a check on security agencies’ authorities.
In another incident, the vehicle of another senior counsellor was forcefully stopped by an unknown individual who then disembarked and took pictures of the counsellor. The unknown individual did not let the senior counsellor's vehicle pass obstructing his vehicle, turning a ten-minute journey home into a 90-minute ordeal.
Tuesday's incidents are not the first, rather, a continuing trend that started last week on Wednesday when a senior diplomats vehicle was stopped and damaged. The following day the Deputy High Commissioners' vehicle was chased by unknown individuals in a car and on a motorbike, who dragged the driver out of the car and hurled abuses at him.
In another incident on Thursday, the minister political of the Pakistan High Commission was chased and his car was damaged by unknown individuals. The very next day on Friday, Pakistan's High Commissioner raised the issue with the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and met with the MEA Joint Secretary about the incidents.
Following the meeting, instead of the incidents stopping, two counsellors of the Pakistani mission were harassed in a similar manner. Pakistan High Commission again raised the issue with the MEA.
After the latest incidents, the Pakistani High Commission has once again taken up the matter with the Indian government.
Tensions between the two countries flared up after India accused Pakistan of involvement in attacks on its military posts in a bordering town — an accusation Pakistan strongly denies.
Foreign office summons Indian deputy high commissioner:
The foreign office summoned Indian deputy high commissioner and registered strong protest over the incidents.
DG South Asia Dr Faisal handed over a protest letter to the diplomat and said protection of diplomatic staff is the responsibility of India under the Vienna Convention, which it has failed to.
Indian agencies are busy harassing children, the statement added.
- President Alvi signs bill for use of EVMs in Pakistan’s next ...10:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021