Dubai Customs launches World Logistics Passport
DUBAI – Dubai Customs have launched the World Logistics Passport, as part of the first phase of the Dubai Silk Road strategy, to help boost the role of the Dubai Silk Road and expand demand for Dubai’s products, services and integrated transportation systems.
Commenting on the initiative, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council, said the implementation of the Dubai Silk Road strategy marks the beginning of a new phase of economic growth that will further boost Dubai’s position as a global economic and business hub, powered by its exceptional connectivity and logistics services.
The World Logistics Passport offers a set of unique operational and financial advantages for businesses and shipping companies by connecting government entities, including @DubaiCustoms Customs and Dubai Trade, with logistics service providers like @DP_World and Dnata— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) October 13, 2019
Sheikh Hamdan said the Dubai Silk Road strategy paves the way for a major leap in growth that will expand the UAE’s role in the global economy based on the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai . He emphasised the importance of the logistics sector as a key driver of economic diversification, as highlighted by the 50-year Charter.
"Through this strategy, we will offer many privileges and services that will help connect international markets by mobilising Dubai’s resources and infrastructure.
The investments we made in Dubai’s ports, airports and free zones have made the city a global logistics hub and a bridge between the east and the west. The Dubai Silk Road strategy responds to the changes in international trade by offering new state-of-the-art logistics services using the latest smart applications," said Sheikh Hamdan.
Sheikh Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation Authority and Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group, added: "Dubai’s sophisticated logistics services will further enhance the value offered to investors and businesses by saving time and efforts and reducing their operational costs. This is a powerful tool that will eventually lead to increased revenues. We are keen to offer investors and businesses new advantages in conducting global trade ."
The World Logistics Passport offers a set of unique operational and financial advantages for businesses and shipping companies by connecting government entities, including Dubai Customs and Dubai Trade , with logistics service providers, such as DP World and Data, and facilitating commercial transactions among the bodies concerned in Dubai .
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019