Anti-terrorism court issues arrest warrant for Pervez Musharraf
ATC-II judge, Sohail Ikram, issued warrants after a counsel of the former president sought exemption for a day on medical grounds. However, the counsel failed to submit a medical report along with the application, despite repeated orders.
On dismissal of his exemption application for Friday, the police was ordered to arrest and present the suspect before the court on October 1.
Legal proceedings have been initiated against General Pervez Musharraf for detaining over 60 judges, including the former chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. The judges were detained after proclamation of a state of emergency in the country.
On Friday, Special Public Prosecutor Aamir Nadeem Tabish informed the court that three witnesses, including two investigation officers – Qaiser Gilani and Ghulam Kiyani – had to record their statement. However they could not appear in court as the former has gone to perform Hajj while the latter was on medical leave.
- Soldier martyred in gun battle with terrorists in North Waziristan09:24 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Over one million Muslims move to Mina to perform rituals of Hajj 202209:10 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:33 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 07 July 202208:13 AM | 7 Jul, 2022
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022