UPDATE: Multan suicide blast toll rises to 10, another 53 injured
According to police officials the rescue teams reached the site immediately after the blast and shift the injured people to Nishter Hospital Multan.
The blast was so powerful that it completely destroyed the rickshaw and other vehicles parked nearby.
The security sources said the suicide attacker reached at Vehari Chowk via bus and detonated himself near a rickshaw stand.
The Nishter Hospital spokesperson confirmed that as many as 53 injured people have been brought to hospital. At least seven dead bodies were also shifted to Nishter Hospital, the statement added.
District Coordination Officer (DCO) Salim Zahid Gondal told reporters that it was a suicide attack, not the cylinder blast as per reported earlier. He said that a suspicious dead body was also found from the blast site.
Following the blast Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has ordered district administration to take every step for treatment of injured people. The premier has also sought an initial investigation report of the incident.
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022