UPDATE: Multan suicide blast toll rises to 10, another 53 injured
According to police officials the rescue teams reached the site immediately after the blast and shift the injured people to Nishter Hospital Multan.
The blast was so powerful that it completely destroyed the rickshaw and other vehicles parked nearby.
The security sources said the suicide attacker reached at Vehari Chowk via bus and detonated himself near a rickshaw stand.
The Nishter Hospital spokesperson confirmed that as many as 53 injured people have been brought to hospital. At least seven dead bodies were also shifted to Nishter Hospital, the statement added.
District Coordination Officer (DCO) Salim Zahid Gondal told reporters that it was a suicide attack, not the cylinder blast as per reported earlier. He said that a suspicious dead body was also found from the blast site.
Following the blast Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has ordered district administration to take every step for treatment of injured people. The premier has also sought an initial investigation report of the incident.
- Alia Bhatt drops adorable glimpse of her Italy vacation03:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- US dollar dips to Rs217.25 as Pakistani currency continues recovery02:55 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan team leaves for Neatherlands for ODI series tonight02:12 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Independence Day Punjab Junior Tennis starts today01:41 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- ‘Thor’ actor Chris Hemsworth turns 3912:48 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sophia Mirza: robbery in Dubai, money-laundering, car theft, ...10:26 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Viral young couple Nimra and Asad blessed with first child (VIDEO)10:16 AM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022