Honour killing: Exhumed bodies of teenage couple bear electrocution marks
Forensic experts, including MLA Samia Saeed, Dr. Fateh Mirza and Dr. Qarar Abbas, started exhumation in the presence of a magistrate. The experts said the bodies had marks on their legs, heads and shoulders due to electrocution.
The bodies of a teenage couple in Karachi feared to have been murdered by their families after they contracted a free-will marriage were found bearing electrocution and torture marks following a post-mortem examination on Wednesday, officials said.
The bodies of the girl (15), and the boy (17), were exhumed from the Mauladad graveyard in Sherpao Colony in the presence of Azhar Ali Kalhoro, a judicial magistrate, and a team of doctors and police officials.
Civil Hospital Karachi Additional Police Surgeon Dr. Qarar Ahmed Abbasi confirmed that "there were visible signs of electric shock and torture on both bodies."
Honour killing: Bodies of electrocuted couple to ... 10:02 PM | 12 Sep, 2017
KARACHI - The bodies of the teenage couple, allegedly electrocuted for contracting a free will marriage, will be ...
- Petrol price likely to dip by Rs9 per litre from October 111:18 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan, England face off in 5th T20I today10:52 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani FM Bilawal urges US, China to set aside rivalry to fight ...10:26 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ishaq Dar sworn in as Pakistan's new Finance Minister09:49 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Naseem Shah hospitalised as his health deteriorates09:24 AM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala 'so grateful' to husband for holding her hand and awards09:15 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Hrithik Roshan and Saif Ali Khan groove to 'Alcoholiya'11:32 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Bushra Ansari faces criticism for receiving anti-aging treatment10:07 PM | 27 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022