PM Imran to visit China and Iran “in next few days”
MULTAN – Prime Minister Imran Khan will attend the second forum for International Cooperation on China’s ambitious Belt and Road initiative as the chief guest, Pakistan’s foreign minister announced on Sunday.
President Xi Jinping has informally invited the Pakistani premier to attend the forum taking place in Beijing later this month.
The BRI , proposed by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013, has brought countries and regions together through enhanced trade, infrastructure development, investment, cultural and people-to-people exchanges. A total of 152 countries and international organisations have signed cooperation documents with China on the initiative over the past six years, official statistics show.
Qureshi, who was talking to the media in Multan, said that PM Imran will also visit Iran in coming days.
The foreign minister is expected to leave for Japan during the current month.
Earlier, Qureshi told PTI supporters that the government was committed to rooting out the menace of terrorism from the country.
“Previous governments did not implement National Action Plan properly to eradicate terrorism ,” the FM said, adding the government would implement NAP in letter and spirit and is in touch with the opposition in this regard.
Qureshi said r said the government is heading towards right direction as per its manifesto and it would successfully complete its constitutional term.
“The government is successfully heading towards the acquisition of targets at the foreign front,” Qureshi said, revealing that foreign economic diplomacy has also been initiated.
He said foreign missions will pave the way for bringing foreign investment in the country.
Govt committed to implement NAP in letter and ... 11:25 AM | 14 Apr, 2019
MULTAN - Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that the government is committed to root out the ...
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019