PM Imran to visit China and Iran “in next few days”
MULTAN – Prime Minister Imran Khan will attend the second forum for International Cooperation on China’s ambitious Belt and Road initiative as the chief guest, Pakistan’s foreign minister announced on Sunday.
President Xi Jinping has informally invited the Pakistani premier to attend the forum taking place in Beijing later this month.
The BRI, proposed by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013, has brought countries and regions together through enhanced trade, infrastructure development, investment, cultural and people-to-people exchanges. A total of 152 countries and international organisations have signed cooperation documents with China on the initiative over the past six years, official statistics show.
Qureshi, who was talking to the media in Multan, said that PM Imran will also visit Iran in coming days.
The foreign minister is expected to leave for Japan during the current month.
Earlier, Qureshi told PTI supporters that the government was committed to rooting out the menace of terrorism from the country.
“Previous governments did not implement National Action Plan properly to eradicate terrorism,” the FM said, adding the government would implement NAP in letter and spirit and is in touch with the opposition in this regard.
Qureshi said r said the government is heading towards right direction as per its manifesto and it would successfully complete its constitutional term.
“The government is successfully heading towards the acquisition of targets at the foreign front,” Qureshi said, revealing that foreign economic diplomacy has also been initiated.
He said foreign missions will pave the way for bringing foreign investment in the country.
Govt committed to implement NAP in letter and ... 11:25 AM | 14 Apr, 2019
MULTAN - Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi has said that the government is committed to root out the ...
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020