900 Pakistani expats donate Rs45m to PM’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
ISLAMABAD - Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development Sayed Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari Tuesday said 900 affluent expatriates had donated Rs45 million in the PM’s COVID-19 Relief Fund via his ministry’s web portal.
He, in a statement, said the philanthropists from 45 countries had donated generously since the launching of the portal. Most of the donors were from the United Kingdom and the United States.
Zulfikar Bukhari said a large number of overseas Pakistanis had taken responsibility for the ration of 2,400 families during the last 24 hours.
The Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development had set up a portal on April 13, to accept the expats’ donations for the PM’s corona relief fund. It also enabled the overseas Pakistanis to donate ration for poor and needy families.
The special assistant also announced the creation of an overseas tiger force. The force would provide rations to those overseas Pakistanis who were stranded abroad due to the coronavirus crisis, he added.
- Maryam Nawaz appears before IHC in Avenfield reference today11:44 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020