Steve Smith is Australia's new Test Captain
SYDNEY (Web Desk) - Steve Smith will become Australia's Test captain at the end of the Ashes following Michael Clarke's decision to retire at the end of the series, the BBC reported on Friday.
Smith, 26, already leads the one-day side and will also take on the T20 captaincy duties in the upcoming international against England.
Fellow batsman David Warner has been named as Smith's vice-captain.
England on Saturday defeated Australia by an innings and 78 runs as Kangaroos remained limited to 253 runs in second innings of fourth match of Ashes series in Trent Bridge.
England, which dismissed whole Australian team at 60 runs in first innings, raised a total of 391 runs in return when JE Root scored 130 runs.
Australian skipper Micheal Clarke has also stepped down following a indigestible criticism from former cricketers for disappointing performance at Ashes.
- Pakistan’s top judge terms Article 62-1(f) as ‘draconian law’12:54 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Yamaha increases motorbike prices by up to Rs15,500 (Check new rates ...12:22 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue ...11:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022