Steve Smith is Australia's new Test Captain
SYDNEY (Web Desk) - Steve Smith will become Australia's Test captain at the end of the Ashes following Michael Clarke's decision to retire at the end of the series, the BBC reported on Friday.
Smith, 26, already leads the one-day side and will also take on the T20 captaincy duties in the upcoming international against England.
Fellow batsman David Warner has been named as Smith's vice-captain.
England on Saturday defeated Australia by an innings and 78 runs as Kangaroos remained limited to 253 runs in second innings of fourth match of Ashes series in Trent Bridge.
England, which dismissed whole Australian team at 60 runs in first innings, raised a total of 391 runs in return when JE Root scored 130 runs.
Australian skipper Micheal Clarke has also stepped down following a indigestible criticism from former cricketers for disappointing performance at Ashes.
- Tiger Shroff addresses Disha Patani breakup rumours11:25 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani movie wins award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne10:51 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Seven Pakistan Air Force officers made Air Vice Marshal10:32 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Nauman Ijaz shows PDA for wife on her birthday09:31 PM | 15 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022