Independence Day: President Arif Alvi, PM Imran Khan call for unity, harmony to face the challenges
ISLAMABAD - President, Dr. Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan, while greeting the nation on Independence Day, have called for unity and harmony to face the challenges and issues confronted by the country for achieving the national objectives of progress and prosperity.
In his message on the occasion of 73rd Independence Day, the President said Independence Day also reinvigorates the spirit of patriotism and strengthens the passion to take the national flag to further heights.
The President also paid tribute to all the martyred people said the day remains us of the unmatched sacrifices rendered by our forefathers to protect and safeguard our religious, cultural and social values, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He paid tribute to the sons of the soil who sacrificed their lives while protecting the ideological and geographical boundaries of the motherland and kept aloft the banner of its freedom.
About Occupied Kashmir, the President and Prime Minister said that the Indian government's unilateral move to end the special status of the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir is a despicable conspiracy and blatant violation of the United Nations resolutions and the Simla Agreement.
The President said the Indian government should realize that with the use of such sate aggression and absurd measures, the movement for freedom in the Occupied Kashmir could not be suppressed.
- Basketball icon Kobe Bryant, teenage daughter among 9 killed in ...12:35 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani pens down an emotional Instagram post after Mere Paas Tum ...12:30 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019