Sushma Swaraj briefs Indian parliament on Pakistan visit amid uproar
According to Indian media, the opposition parties were protesting in Rajia Sabba against the incident in Punjab's Fazilka district where the limbs of two men were cut off on Saturday at a farmhouse which is allegedly owned by a leader of the ruling party Akali Dal.
In her statement in parliament, Swaraj went on to say that both Pakistan and India have decided to start 'comprehensive dialogue' to resolve all bilateral issues including the Kashmir dispute. The development is a result of realisation of new global circumstances on the sides of border, she added.
She also confirmed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Pakistan in 2016 to attend a summit of SAARC which is due to be hosted by Pakistan.
The session of upper house of parliament was adjourned as soon as Sushma Swaraj finished her statement on Pakistan visit, as the slogans got even more noisy.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran inaugurates Kohsar University in Murree05:20 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021