Properties of another 96 Pakistanis traced out in UAE: SC Informed
ISLAMABAD – The Supreme Court on Monday was informed that properties of 96 more Pakistanis had been traced out in United Arab Emirates (UAE).
It was informed to a three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar, by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) in a suo motu case pertaining to foreign properties owned by Pakistani nationals.
FIA Director General Basheer Memon, submitting report in the apex court, said that 1,211 Pakistani citizens own 2,154 properties in the UAE and about 345 people have been served notices.
He said that 61 people remain unidentified, five are deceased, and 10 are uncooperative, while one is absconder.
In all, 413 people took advantage of the tax amnesty scheme that ended in August last year, whereas 167 people declared their properties to the FBR, he added.
The DG said that 79 people declared their properties in tax returns, while 97 individuals
disowned their properties in the UAE.
Pakistanis own assets worth $150 billion in UAE ... 09:43 AM | 4 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Assets and properties worth billions of dollars are owned by Pakistani citizens only in the United Arab ...
Meanwhile, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) official informed that Rs 270.25 million had been recovered during the last month and Rs17 million would be recovered during the current month.
He said that about 125 individuals had failed to appear before the investigation team. To which, Justice Nisar warned to seize their properties.
The chief justice also asked for an estimated amount which will be recovered, to which the FBR official said the Board expects to recover around Rs1 billion.
Displeased by the progress so far, the chief justice ordered FBR to submit its progress report within a month about recovery of assets and amounts illegally accumulated abroad by Pakistani citizens.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019