SC to hear NAB's appeal against suspension of Nawaz, Maryam sentences today
The will be heard by Chief Justice Saqib Nisar, Justice Asif Saeed Khosa, Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Mushir Alam and Justice Mazhar Alam Miankhel.
NAB had approached the apex court after the Islamabad High Court, on September 19, suspended sentences of former premier Nawaz Sharif, his daughter Maryam Nawaz and son-in-law Captain (r) Safdar in the Avenfield corruption reference and ordered their release.
The Sharifs had petitioned IHC against the Avenfield verdict, after an accountability court on July 6 convicted Nawaz, Maryam and Safdar in the Avenfield properties reference and sentenced them to 11 years, eight years and one year, respectively, in prison.
The Sharif family had filed appeals for the Avenfield verdict to be overturned on July 16.
- WATCH - Joy Chapman scores Guinness world record for female lowest ...03:15 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan will hold 51st annual general meeting & conference-2021 of ...02:44 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Sanam Jung reveals the ultimate diet plan to loose 5kg in Ramadan ...02:29 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Govt to book PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah under terrorism act: Fawad02:26 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- 'No need to panic' - French nationals ignore embassy warning to leave ...01:29 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan ministry helped me get out of US mental health facility: ...11:07 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Sajal Aly shares her all-time favourite click with Ahad Raza Mir06:58 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021