NAB starts probe into fake cricket team sponsored by Sports Ministry
Sources in the National Accountability Bureau said that an inquiry has been re-initiated against Punjab Education and Sports Minister Rana Mashhood for massive financial irregularities in the organisation of the Punjab Youth Festival.
Two years ago, the scam was unearthed after some persons from London gathered 15 fake players and brought them to Lahore in the uniform of the England Cricket team, to participate in Youth festival.
Only two among them were British while the remaining belonged to Lahore and other cities.
According to the Online news agency, the fake players were brought by the PML-N workers in the United Kingdom. Due to their links with Sports Minister Rana Mashhood, they were able to set up a fake cricket team abroad and make an official tour of Lahore, for which they had all their expenses covered by the government, including travel and lodging.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021