UN climate forum seeks to begin implementation of historic accord
"Our challenge is now to operationalize the Paris Agreement," France and Morocco, currently co-chairs of the negotiations, said in a briefing note.
After two decades of intense wrangling, the 195-nation Paris accord set ambitious targets to control global warming and help poor countries cope with its impacts, present and future.
Ratification could happen early next year or sooner, a record for an international treaty. But the landmark deal left a large number of crucial issues unresolved, experts and negotiators say.
"The cooperation shown in Paris will mean nothing if we descend into petty squabbles," Mohamed Adow, a climate expert with Christian Aid, said in an article on the Climate Home website.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021