PM Abbasi chairs NSC meeting to discuss misleading statement on Mumbai attacks
The meeting is being chaired by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, while top military officials, including Chairman Joint Chief of Staff Committee General Zubair Mehmood Hayat, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa, air chief, naval chief, DG ISI, MI head and others are present in the meeting. Federal ministers are also attending the meeting.
The meeting was called after Pakistan's military approached PM Abbasi on Sunday for a moot to discuss misleading media statement on the Mumbai incident.
"NSC meeting suggested to Prime Minister to discuss recent misleading media statement regarding Bombay incident. Being held tomorrow morning," DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor tweeted.
NSC meeting suggested to Prime Minister to discuss recent misleading media statement regarding Bombay incident. Being held tomorrow morning.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) May 13, 2018
Nawaz, in a recent interview to Dawn newspaper, had said, “militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?”
His remarks were played up by the Indian media as an admission of Pakistan's involvement in the terrorist attacks, even though similar questions and statements have been raised from civilian and security officials in Pakistan earlier.
Sources privy to development revealed that matter was being treated as a premeditated step against the State of Pakistan. Inside-aware further revealed that Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) supremo was acting as a puppet in the hands of hostile forces.
Sources further asserted that Sharif’s tirade was aimed at pressurizing state-institutions by denigrating them.
On the other hand, a German journalist, Elys Davidson in his book last year revealed that the Mumbai attack was masterminded by Israel and America and the facts were distorted by the Indian government. According to the book, many witnessed saw Ajmal Kasaab and others gathering in Nariman House two days before the incident, but the Indian investigative agencies never included their statements in the investigation report.
Nawaz’s remarks being twisted out of context: Shehbaz
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday said that Nawaz's interview was twisted out of context by his political opponents.
In his address at a public rally in Sindhri, the Punjab chief minister said that India is conspiring against Pakistan by using Afghan soil.
"Our mothers and sisters are being killed in Kashmir. Almighty has made Pakistan a nuclear state. If India casts an evil eye upon Pakistan then the army and people of Pakistan will give a befitting reply," he said.
Nawaz Sharif invites public wrath for ... 07:02 PM | 13 May, 2018
LAHORE - Pakistan's ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif faces severe criticism from all quarters, including his own ...
- US formally ends combat mission in Iraq after 18 years01:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021