'Honour killing': Woman, two daughters shot dead in Lahore
The bodies of the deceased were found in Chan Shah Graveyard Wednesday morning by the local residents who later informed the police.
Another woman, who identified herself as the step-daughter of the deceased woman, was injured in the incident and has been shifted to a hospital for treatment. She is said to be in critical condition.
The injured told police that her father named Malik Asghar Ali was killed in his second wife's house in Sheikhpura a few days ago.
She added that their brother-in-law, Sajawal, took all of them to the graveyard on the pretext of paying respects at Ali's grave where he opened fire, killing her stepmother and her two daughters.
Rabia said she managed to escape from the scene after getting injured, adding that Sajawal and a security guard also fled the scene.
Investigation in the case has been launched, while Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar has taken notice of the killings and sought a report from the senior superintendent of Lahore police.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019