One dead, several injured in California high school shooting
NEW YORK – At least one person was killed and several others injured after a gunman opened fire at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, a California city north of Los Angeles, Thursday morning.
Law enforcement officers said a suspect was in custody and being treated in a hospital. They did not reveal the identity of the arrested person.
Reports say at least five people were injured during the incident and were shifted to Henry Mayo Hospital. Three victims – two males and one female – are said to be in critical condition.
The police responded to a shooting at a high school in Santa Clarita 7:05 a.m. local time.
After police reached the school, they cleared out the campus and began a systematic search for the suspect on school grounds and nearby.
Sheriff Alex Villanueva of Los Angeles County told NBC in Los Angeles that all of the victims were students and that the assailant was also a member of the student body.
More to follow….
- HUAWEI Y9s breaks records with hot sales nationwide04:20 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Fire erupts in Punjab Bar Council01:37 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor to tie the knot next year in Indian Kashmir?12:36 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019