India restores Samjhota Express train after 7 days
Some 200 passengers were affected last Thursday when Samjhauta Express was stopped at the Wagah Border by the Indian authorities who cited potential security risks due to protests by farmers.
Besides Samjhauta Express, several trains like New Delhi- Amritsar Shatabadi were also affected due to the continued agitation by the farmers who have blocked the rail route between Delhi-Amritsar.
The Samjhauta Express train will now leave for Lahore from New Delhi at 11:30pm (PST) on Thursday.
Moreover, Dosti Bus Service carrying 19 Pakistani passengers has left for Lahore at 5:00am today.
Earlier on Tuesday, a total of 86 Indian passengers left for their home by crossing the Wagah border on foot after spending three days at the Lahore Railway Station and its adjacent hotels.
- ‘Proud of you’ — PM Imran congratulates Team Pakistan for T20 ...11:05 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- PAKvIND: Pakistan make India bite the dust in first encounter of T20 ...10:29 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Jamal Kamal Khan resigns as Balochistan CM, cabinet dissolved09:12 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Chinese company announces resumption of work on Dasu hydropower ...08:15 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahroz Sabzwari reacts to his shirtless viral video01:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021