Never said people should rise up against the government, clarifies Chief Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali
While hearing the case pertaining to the Punjab government’s Orange Line Metro Train project, the Chief Justice made it clear that no judge can give such irresponsible remarks in the courtroom.
Justice Anwar Zaheer Jamali went on to say that he only asked people to vote the right person as it is for the people who vote the rulers to power.
The court had directed the plaintiffs and all the respondents to suggest the names of three experts each who could advise the bench regarding technical matters in the Orange Line Mertro Train case.
The apex court is hearing the appeals of the Punjab government, Lahore Development Authority (LDA), the Punjab Mass Transit Authority and Nespak against the Lahore High Court’s verdict regarding ban on the construction work within 200 feet of 11 heritage Lahore.
Earlier, on Thursday multiple media channels quoted Chief Justice of Pakistan as saying" People are being fooled in the name of democracy as monarchy was established in the country in the name of democracy".
Major opposition parties threw weight behind the remarks of the Chief Justice and opined that the highest judicial office vindicated their stance.
Pakistan Tehree-e-Insaf in particular took the remarks as an endorsement for their upcoming capital lock down and urged people to stand against the corrupt system.
However, the CJ has cleared the air regarding his remarks adding that the media reporting was irresponsible.
- Nadal downs Djokovic to clinch record-extending 10th Italian Open ...11:50 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Pakistanis above 30 asked to get vaccinated as soon as possible11:29 PM | 16 May, 2021
- India reports 4,077 new Covid deaths as UP police try to keep sacred ...10:47 PM | 16 May, 2021
- OIC resolution calls upon Israel to stop rights violations, terrorism ...09:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- PIA plane carrying 1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine lands in ...08:49 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021