Pakistan, Afghanistan and US vow to curb Daesh in region
According to military’s media wing, three parties, including Pakistan, Afghanistan and the US, held a meeting regarding elimination of Daesh, while Pakistan and Afghanistan officials held a bilateral meeting on military cooperation at Ministry of Defence in Kabul.
From Pakistan side, a six-member military delegation, headed by DGMO Pakistan Army, Major General Sahir Shamshad Mirza participated in the meetings.
“Participants re-affirmed their resolve to continue fight against the common threat of terrorism. Areas of mutual security interests and concerns were deliberated upon during the interaction”.
“Three sides expressed their commitment to eliminate Daesh from the region which can best be achieved through information sharing, complementary efforts and enhanced cooperation”.
In the Pak-Afghan bilateral meeting, important issues linked to cross-border fire and attacks, counter terrorism, coordinated actions on respective side along the border and detainees exchange were discussed.
Both sides agreed to make progress in line with the commitments made at recent high level meetings and to formulate an action plan which will contribute towards improving security along the Pak-Afghan border through enhanced cooperation.
Around three weeks ago, US President Donald Trump had unleashed his policy of ramping up pressure on Pakistan, a close ally of US, in a bid to fully implement the revamped Afghan war strategy.
Accusing Islamabad of harbouring "agents of chaos, violence, and terror" the tycoon-turned-president clarified to increase pressure on the country to stop any re-emergence of safe havens in order to gain regional peace, besides announcing increase of US troops in Afghanistan.
He said, "We can no longer be silent about Pakistan’s safe havens for terrorist organizations, the Taliban, and other groups that pose a threat to the region and beyond," adding, "Pakistan has much to gain from partnering with our effort in Afghanistan."
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:04 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 November 202108:38 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Barbados all set to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state next week12:44 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- 10-year-old girl spotted driving car on Faisalabad’s busy road11:02 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KP judge suspended as Lower Dir woman comes up with rape, bribery ...10:09 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021