Rawalpindi anti-smuggling team seize goods worth billions; 5 gang members arrested
With the help of the police, the department arrested five smugglers and impounded three vehicles being used for smuggling.
Huge quantity of smuggled goods, including a large number of tyres, rims, Indian origin Gutka, satellite receivers, cigarettes and other items were held from the possession of the smugglers.
As per the instructions of Member Customs Jawwad Agha and Chief Collector Customs Dr Asif Jah, a special anti-smuggling team was constituted by Collector Customs MCC Islamabad, Seema Raza Bokhari.
The operation was led by AC Customs Rao Fahad.
Meanwhile, the MCC Islamabad seized more than a half kilogram of heroin powder from a shipment booked from Peshawar for Canada. The drugs were tactfully stitched in different ladies dresses. An investigation has been started by the customs authorities.
- Former Mossad chief reveals how Israel stole Iranian nuclear documents11:55 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- US lawmaker removed for helping crowd breach State Capitol10:45 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi and Aagha Ali concerned for uniformed personnel, ...06:28 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- Here’s how ‘detective’ Muneeb Butt caught a thief (VIDEO)03:26 PM | 11 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021