NA unanimously passes Prohibition of Smoking in Cinemas Bill 2018
ISLAMABAD - The National Assembly has unanimously passed ‘The West Pakistan Prohibition of Smoking in Cinema Houses (Repeal) Bill, 2018’, saying all such relevant provisions of the bill were already covered in Non-smokers Health Ordinance, 2002.
The bill was moved in the House by Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Ali Muhammad Khan on behalf of the Minister for National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination on Monday.
According to the statement of Objects and Reason, Law and Justice Commission of Pakistan in its report while discussing ‘Repeal of Obsolete and Redundant Legislations’ proposed to repeal the West Pakistan Prohibition of Smoking in Cinema Houses Ordinance, 1960 (Ordinance No IV of 1960) in view of prohibition of Smoking and Protection of Non Smoker’s Health Ordinance, 2002.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019